dissecting urban space, architecture, cultural meaning and myth through the act of walking (in used shoes) and narration in chinatown/oldtown - portland, oregon

Wednesday

The Pit

I presented by book/map to the Old Town Chinatown Neighborhood Association this afternoon. They were a really nice group of people. This particular gentleman thanked me for having my main character be a homeless person. He was really cool. He was wearing a beret with a peacock feather that was about 2 feet long and his beard was about the same length. That made me feel good because I already felt a little weird presenting a story about a homeless alcoholic to a group of people that take alot of pride in their neighborhood. I've come to believe that they truely embrace the diversity of their neighborhood. A couple of other people thanked me for gifting them a piece of art for and about Old Town. I had a planned speech written out but as usual with planned speeches (for me), as soon as I started talking, my brain becomes jello and I wing it. I think it went well though.


I worked on some threshold moments tonight. I need to flesh this building out in the next few days. We have 8 more days until finals. Ouch!

Here's a new perspective/collage of the auditorium area...

OK it's 4:23 am, I'm going to bed. It's been a long day.

No comments: